The LRRL league meeting was well attended and had some key decisions made.
- There will be men B and C teams introduced
- Wreake and Soar Valley is a new club in the league
- 5 winter league races – some dates still to be finally decided including our club race at Markfield. We now want the 17 January subject to the Traffic Order being changed and the school being available (and lots of help from members), with the fall-back being the previously bid for 7 February that clashes with Bowline race.
- 7 summer races decided (9 bids in) and after a vote the 7 races are West End 8 mile at Syston (15/5); Anstey ? miles at Gaddesby (22/5); Swithland 6 (5/6); Hungarton 7 (6/7); Huncote 5 (3/8); Hermitage 10k (County 10k championship – 14/8); John Fraser 10 (4/9). Races not in are the Desford 1/2 marathon (County championship – 8/5) and Prestwold 10k (26/6).
- You will need to score in 4 from 5 winter races and 5 from 7 summer races.
Bob Budge (Birstall) volunteered to be Vice Chair going foward and Chair the year after.